Emporium Hotels is Australia's most awarded boutique luxury hotel brand, with a focus on sophisticated, bespoke style and exceptional service.
Emporium Hotel South Bank features six food and beverage outlets, each distinct in its offering, providing locals, guests and residents a choice of unique experiences. With all outlets set to be operational in the coming months we are now looking to expand our talented kitchen brigade with a Banquet Sous Chef.
Assist the Executive Chef in planning, supervising and controlling selection and production of all food items in the banquet kitchen, ensuring the highest level of product quality, presentation and sanitation. Responsible for menu planning, recipe creation, food ordering, food production, storage, sanitation, labour staffing and scheduling. Directs the training and supervision of all banqueting kitchen team members.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Experience in leading a banqueting kitchen within a Hotel environment;
- Experience in banquet event orders and ability to understand and provide all detailed items in accordance with guests' wishes.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality food, with a passion for your craft;
- Excellent personal presentation and attention to detail;
- The ability to work a 7-day roster, including nights and weekends;
- Strong communication skills and highly developed organisational skills;
- A willingness to learn, grow and a willingness to go above and beyond to deliver Exquisite Experiences for our guests, every time, every shift!
- Eligibility to work in Australia;
In return, the successful applicant will enjoy:
- The opportunity to work in an award-winning hotel with industry leaders to guide and mentor you to maintain exceptional standards;
- State of the art kitchen facilities, restaurant and event spaces;
- An innovative and dynamic workplace with career development opportunities
Emporium Hotels offers a rare opportunity for true hospitality professionals who possess a passion for perfection. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources [email protected] or call 07 3556 3354.